The College is running Risk and Insurance Management program since 2010-11under the Career Orientation Program of U.G.C. The course offers Certificate, Diploma and Advance Diploma of Banaras Hindu University to the B.Com. students of the college.
The objective of Risk and Insurance program is to prepare students for successful career in the risk management and insurance industry. The aim of this program is to provide a well-rounded and customized business education that prepares students for seeking career opportunities in the growing risk and insurance industry.
This course introduces students to the concepts of risk management; fundamentals of insurance & life insurance management. Course content also encompasses Fire, Marine, Social Insurance, Insurance Legislation in India and Insurance Company Management, etc. The course also helps students to understand insurance intermediaries, and functions of insurers.
By the end of completion of this course, student would be able to:
- Understand the concept of risk and risk management;
- Identify and categorize the various types of risks;
- Design a risk management program;
- Explain the various risk control measures available;
- Suggest ways to finance risk;
- Familiarize with fundamental legal principles of insurance;
- Choose appropriate insurance policies related to life and health insurance;
- Apply the insurance mechanism in risk management.
Business Development Manager
Development Officer in an Insurance Organization