CAPABILITY AND EFFICIENCY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMS
In order to enhance the capabilities and efficiencies of our students along with inculcating values, the college incorporates over each academic session co-curricular and extracurricular activities. These programmes encourage capabilities, creativity and social awareness among students.
Centers: Two UGC sponsored centers are functioning in the College since 2010
- Centre for Gandhian Studies.
- Ambedkar Study Centre.
The aims of these centres are:
- Spreading the message of Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar through various educational programmes.
- Organizing seminars, conferences, workshops, exhibitions, quiz, debates and essay competitions etc. to promote Gandhian philosophy and views of Ambedkar.
- Carrying out research projects, field visits and extension activities on various socio-economic aspects of Gandhian and Ambedkar thoughts including other relevant contemporary issues seen from Gandhian perspective;
- Holding summer/winter camps for the students of the college;
- Maintaining library for the proceedings of the seminars, workshops, lectures etc. along with books and other study materials on Gandhiji and Ambedkar.
Thrust Areas of the Center:
- Gandhism and Neo-Gandhism
- Gandhism, Social Movements and Upliftment of Downtrodden
- Access to basic Amenities and Rural Development
- Village based Micro entrepreneurship, Women Empowerment and Gandhism
Chairman – Dr. S. D. Singh